food plots and prairie planting
Ideal Land Management can help you create a sustainable food plot on your property. A food plot is a planted area set aside to act as a supplementary food source for wildlife. Food plot crops generally consist of but are not limited to legumes (clovers, alfalfa, beans, etc.), grains, or certain wildflowers.
The plants may be annual or perennial. In agricultural areas, food plots may be planted in fields after the crop has been harvested, and left standing through the fall, winter, and early spring for the use of wildlife.
- pH: Your soil’s pH may take a few years to stabilize at the optimum level for growing your plot. You may want to consider testing your soil again next year.
- Perennials: Perennial plants like clover need to be maintained over the course of a year. This maintenance may include mowing and/or spraying. Ideal Land Management provides both of these services.
- Wildlife: Ultimately, your food plot was established to increase the number of animals that come to your location. So, expect to see more of them and expect them to eat everything green and growing.
Food Plot Seed & Services:
- Real World Wildlife Seed
- Soil Sampling
- Lime & Fertilizer Application
- Conventional Planting
- No-Till Planting
- Forestry Mowing & Mulching